If there’s one thing that’s synonymous with Jack Sparrow, it’s rum. So, for this week’s Disney inspired cocktail we’ve married Matt’s favorite character, ride, and cocktail into one place and called it Jack’s Effects.
In this cocktail recipe, we’ve taken the classic Old Fashioned, and replaced the bourbon with rum. With a drink this good, Jack won’t be the only one asking, But why is the rum gone?
Rum Old Fashioned
- 2 parts Bacardi Gold Rum
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 splash water
- 1 splash simple syrup
- Orange peel
- Add the simple syrup, water and Angostura Bitters to the glass and stir.
- Add 3 to 4 ice cubes and half of the Bacardi Gold Rum then stir for around 20-30 seconds.
- Top up the glass with more ice and add the rest of the Bacardi Gold rum, then stir for another 20-30 seconds.
- Cut 2 small pieces of orange peel. Hold one piece of orange peel over the glass and bend it to release some oil into the drink.
- Add the bent orange peel to the drink, stir a few more seconds and serve.
You’ll want to serve in a smaller rocks glass. This drink is tiny, but it packs a cannonball size punch.
We hope you enjoy this week’s cocktail. Let us know when you make your own, and be sure to tag us on Instagram and use the hashtag #yohodisneycocktails.