Feisty Abu will do anything for a delicious apple. His klepto fingers can’t resist taking a few, and his temptation for the juicy reds gets him and Aladdin in some serious trouble in the cave of wonders.
We decided to extend Abu’s love for apples to you with this week’s Disney inspired cocktail, Abu’s Temptation. It’s a fabulous (and super easy to make) Apple Crisp Sangria that we just can’t get enough of, which is crazy, because we’ve never really enjoyed sangria, but this recipe has changed our minds for sure. The full flavor of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg makes this the perfect drink for the winter holidays.
In fact, we’re going to be making a batch for ourselves and our family coming in town this week for Thanksgiving. Yes, it’s that good.
Apple Crisp Sangria
- 2 Honey Crisp apples, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine (like Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Sparkling water, optional (Don’t use tonic water or Sprite, because that will cause it too sweet)
- Add fruit and spices to a large pitcher.
- Pour in apple cider, wine, and vodka. Don’t add in the sparkling water, because it will lose it’s fizz before you drink it.
- Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours. This allows all the flavors to fully combine.
- Pour into glass, and if you like an extra fizz, add a splash of sparkling water.
We hope you enjoy this week’s cocktail, and let us know if you make it over the holidays. We’d love to hear what you think about it. Be sure to tag us on Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #yohodisneycocktails.
Hi guys!!! Love your website and blog. Great info especially the cocktails!!! I live right near Disneyland but I am planning a Disney World in the next few years and really appreciate all your tips. Beautiful family by the way!
Thank you so much! If you have any specific questions about WDW you’d like to see on the blog or vlog, let us know!
Hi! Do you think this would work well with white wines as well? I’m allergic to most red wines 🙁
Love the blog!!
We’ve never tried white wine, but we love it, so I bet it would be very yummy. Let us know if you try it!!