Fall is here so bring on the pumpkin flavored everything! There really is no way to get around the season without baking at least one thing with pumpkin and spice. And what’s better than a pumpkin muffin? A pumpkin muffin with a cream cheese Mickey! Get ready for this perfect Pumpkin Muffin recipe!
If you know me, you know I like my food Mickey shaped!
I love pumpkin muffins, but I love them even more when they’re topped with a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling. The cream cheese brings a certain smoothness and really compliments the warmth of the pumpkin and its spices.
This pumpkin muffin recipe is quick to pull together and you end up with perfect portions that are easy to eat on the go or share with friends and family. They are also perfect for Sunday brunches or just to make on a blustery fall morning. Be prepared for them to not last long at whatever occasion you chose to serve them. They are so moist and delicious that they’ll be gobbled up quickly!
If you like pumpkin treats, you’ve gotta make these pumpkin muffins, you’re gonna love them!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese (low fat if you wish)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil and sugar with a whisk. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in the pumpkin puree and milk, followed by baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the flour and mix with a large spoon, just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between muffin tins and fill half full.
- Divide cream cheese mixture between two pastry bags and attach two different sized piping tips (if you don’t have piping tips you can just cut the ends of the pastry bags). If you are adding maple syrup to your cream cheese mix together in a separate bowl before diving.
- Pipe your Mickey using a larger tip for Mickey’s head and a smaller tip for the ears.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 -25 minutes, check that a toothpick comes out clean but do not touch the cream cheese.
- Allow muffins to fully cool before touching cream cheese portions
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave A Comment