It took Judy the Elf, in the movie Santa Clause, 1200 years to perfect her cocoa recipe. Now, that’s some cocoa I wanna try, but alas, she didn’t share her recipe, but she did give us some little secrets to her success:
“Not too hot, eeeeextra chocolate, shaken not stirred.”
I don’t know about you, but that sounds like one heck of a cocktail, and since Scott Calvin asked for his drink to be stiff, I have a sneaky suspicion there’s more than just chocolate in that yummy cocoa.
Even Toy Santa in Santa Clause 2 is quoted saying, “Ohhh woooaaah…I think Santa feels a little buzz!”
So we’re making Santa’s Spiked Cocoa like we think it’s really made. We hope you enjoy this week’s Disney Inspired Cocktail!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (Extra chocolate!)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 part marshmallow or whipped cream vodka
- In large saucepan, stir cocoa powder and sugar
- Add hot water and stir
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil two minutes.
- Add milk. Heat until hot. (Do not boil)
- Remove from heat, add vanilla
- Pour 1 cup cocoa and vodka into cocktail shaker. Shake for 5-10 seconds
- Pour in mug, and serve not too hot
- Careful when you shake hot cocoa -- it can explode! 🙂
We hope you enjoy Santa’s spiked hot cocoa, and be sure to pin it for later, and let us know when you make your own. You can tag us on Instagram or Twitter and like always you can use #yohodisneycocktails.
Looking for another yummy Christmas themed cocktail? Check out Zero’s Flight — a Cherry Vanilla martini
I gotta find this mug!
Haha! It’s actually a thrift store find that we spray painted silver! 🙂