Someone who is near and dear to our hearts is Lots-o’ Huggin’ Bear. We can’t help but believe he found someone to love him, and helped to mend his broken heart, so this week we honor Lots-o with our Disney inspired cocktail. It’s a Strawberry Piña CoLots-o’! And let me tell you, this cocktail recipe is as yummy as it sounds, annnnd you’ll be huggin’ everyone you meet after this drink.
When making this cocktail, just make sure you have a good blender! We used unsweetened frozen strawberries, which made the strawberry mix tart, but once you mixed it with the pineapple part, it was perfectly sweet. We think sweetening the strawberries would’ve made the drink way too sweet, but you can always use sweetened strawberries or add a couple of tablespoons of simple syrup.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 parts white rum
- 1 part coconut rum
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- Add strawberries and rum to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cocktail cups or serving pitcher.
- Rinse out blender.
- Add ice, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over strawberry mix.
- Use stir stick or spoon to swirl the two parts together.
- Garnish with strawberry.
- Drink immediately.
- We used unsweetened strawberries, which made the strawberry part tart, but once mixed with the pineapple mix, it was perfect. You can always use sweetened strawberries, if you want.
We hope you enjoy this drink as much as we did! Be sure to pin this recipe for a later date. After you make this cocktail, tag us on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #yohodisneycocktails. Also, if you haven’t seen our Big Announcement video yet, we’re drinking this cocktail in the video. You can watch it here.
We’ll see you next time!